Xenotes is a tour full of magic that allows you to perform different activities in the four types of cenotes that exist. Apart from exploring its millennial environment, you can make activities such as abseiling, zip-lines, kayaking and swimming in aquatic exploration.
Immerse yourself in the refreshing waters of a semi-open cenote, observe and get inspired with its underwater gardens. It is an exploration tour that will embrace you through new landscapes while kayaking, among green walls of hanging gardens.
Forget about all the bad things in the city and fill with energy and harmony in Xenotes.
In this tour, groups are small, which allows personalized attention. During the experience with a lifeguard, a doctor, a photographer and a certified guide who will accompany you since you board the transportation.
In addition to guide you in each activity and inform you about the importance of the preservation of the cenotes, the guide will tell you all about their legends and other key factors of the culture.
What does it include?
- Round transportation with a certified guide.
- A tour through the four different kinds of cenotes.
- Assisted rappelling, zip lines, kayak and water exploration swim.
- Non-alcoholic drinks, fruits in season and sweet bread at the exit of the first cenote.
- Picnic (minestrone-style soup, cold meat bar and premium cheeses, served with a variety of rustic breads and dressings, to prepare your own foods accompanied with salads).
- Water, coffee, wine and beer during the picnic.
- Equipment (lifejacket, rappel equipment, kayak and rim).
- Access to toilets, changing rooms and towels.
- Confirm the time and place of the pick-up.
- Bring water shoes, a bathing suit and a change of clothes.
- Avoid the use of makeup, perfumes or repellents with chemicals that may affect the ecosystem of the cenotes, you must take a shower before entering the first one.
- Avoid stepping outside marked or pre-established roads to prevent an incident with the fauna and flora of the place.
- If you observe an animal, avoid touching it, approaching it or feeding it; they are in their natural habitat.
- Carry a credit card or cash to acquire the tour photograph package.
- The minimum age for Xenotes is 6 years.
- For the zip line activity, a minimum height of 4.6 ft and a minimum weight of 88 pounds is required.
- The use of the life jacket is mandatory during all water activities.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart problems, lungs, spine, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, or for pregnant women.
- The average temperature of the cenotes is 75 to 79°F throughout the year.
- Notice that the cenotes are located in the middle of the jungle. That means that some roads are not paved.
Once you plan your visit to Xenotes, you can make the most of your vacation to visit Puerto Morelos, the bohemian city that is close to the Ruta de los Cenotes.
Puerto Morelos will be a perfect complement to your visit, since it is a quiet city that, at the same time, offers the possibility of touring the jungle in ATV, eat in excellent restaurants such as El Pirata or visit the most innovative and sustainable habitat of interaction with Dolphins, where you can swim with them in the open sea and explore their habitat in a translucent kayak.
If you come to this incredible place, we recommend you stay in inns or B & Bs, since it is cheaper and offers you the possibility of sharing experiences with other travelers.
At Delphinus we want your visit to Xenotes and Puerto Morelos to be truly memorable. Stopover our award-winning swimming habitat with dolphins at sea and strengthen your connection with nature.