Picture this: You and your soulmate just arrived in Cancun and everything around you screams romance: the fine coral sand caresses your feet as you walk hand in hand on the beach. The emerald and turquoise shades of the sea reflect the clarity of having chosen the right person. And when the sunset comes, neither of you can resist kissing for the sake of being together in paradise.
For all of this, Cancun is the ideal place for couples to enjoy a summer vacation, with activities that inflame the passions and strengthen the bonds. Here we share with you our top recommendations.
1. Get spoiled
Nothing better than an all-inclusive resort in the Hotel Zone to enjoy a holiday full of rest and privacy. And if you top that out with a massage or a relaxation therapy, the enjoyment will certainly be heightened.
- Hyatt Zilara Cancún. An elegant design and sophisticated atmosphere are the main qualities of this resort. In other words: no spring-breakers around here! Its spacious rooms (with showers and bathtubs for two) are reason enough to want to stay inside. After that, and if you want to replenish energy, how about a massage on the beach, or a gourmet dish in one of its six restaurants? Additionally, don't miss out on the many in-house activities it offers, like tequila tastings and pool parties.
- Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancún. Luxury beach resort for adults only, with a contemporary and playful approach that invites couples to give in to their desires. The aromatherapy touches in all of its public areas provide a total sensory experience; the gourmet restaurants with their signature cuisine are a treat to your palate and its Spa offers total relaxation.
- LeBlanc Spa Resort. Live the highest level of relaxation in this luxury oasis that, in addition to having all the amenities, offers you a wellness center and spa with many treats such as hydrotherapy area, sauna, steam and ice rooms, jacuzzi, cold and warm pools, and a wide range of body treatments. The 50-minute romantic massage with aromatic oils will soothe the body and the mind.
2. Natural romance
If getting to know one of the most intelligent and charismatic sea creatures on the planet is on your bucket list, and you also want to share this beautiful moment with your special one, swimming with dolphins in Cancun is possible thanks to the Delphinus' Couples Dreams program.
Through 21 activities, you and your partner will live the magical experience of playing with our dolphins, learning about their characteristics and habits, admiring their skills and enjoying their surroundings.
Get overwhelmed with tenderness by a dolphin's kiss, watch the dolphins dance and jump around, and let yourselves be propelled in the air with a foot-push. At the end of the experience, you can buy your professional photo and video package to share with your friends. It's available at the Interactive Aquarium and Punta Cancun habitats, by the Hotel Zone.
3. Dinner for two
A visit to Cancun is not complete without booking a romantic dinner at one of the top restaurants and culinary experiences in the area. Here are three examples:
- Thai. Enjoy a magical evening in an outdoor environment that elevates the senses: on the one hand, indulge yourselves with its Thai menu full of flavor, textures and aromas. On the other hand, be amazed by the spectacular views of the sunset in the beautiful Nichupté lagoon, and pay attention to the sounds from the friendly neighbors of the Delphinus dolphin habitat. You can find this restaurant next to La Isla Shopping Village.
- Cenacolo Puerto Cancun. If you’re looking for an uplifting spot, this Italian restaurant has the perfect balance between an elegant atmosphere—framed by the natural beauty of the lagoon—and the gastronomical fulfillment: its handmade-pasta dishes and delicious variety of sauces and desserts will win over your hearts. It is located in the Plaza Marina Town Center.
- Columbus The Lobster Dinner Cruise. Land and sea come together on a very special concept: a delicious romantic lobster or surf n' turf dinner, while navigating onboard of a Galleon through the Nichupté Lagoon and being amazed by its magnificent sunset views.
4. Fantasy getaway
Cancun is also a central point from which you can access experiences such as surrealistic attractions, V.I.P. sailing adventures, and dreamlike natural corners.
- Underwater Museum of Art (MUSA). Immerse yourselves in an out-of-this-world gallery, composed of hundreds of statues 30 feet under the sea. Whether in full diving equipment or with a snorkel, admire the world's largest underwater art installation and see how all kinds of sea creatures such as turtles, manta rays, and multicolored fish are drawn by the reef formations that grow on the sculptures.
- Luxury sunset sailing cruise. Ahoy! Board a luxurious sailboat for two, set to the high seas and gaze at the wonderful sunset views of the Caribbean for a moment you and your partner will cherish forever. The crew will make you feel comfortable at all times so just relax, have a glass of delicious wine, and some canapés.
- Escape to Holbox. More than an activity, this is about two lovers embarking on an adventure to discover everything that the Holbox island has to offer. For this, you'll need to apply all your organizational skills to schedule a 3-hour transfer to Chiquilá, plus a half-hour Ferry ride... but, believe us, it'll be worth every minute spent when you find yourselves swimming next to the whale shark, or watching how a massive flock of pink flamingos dances happily right in front of you. And if you stay the night, the bioluminescent waves that come to the shore will dazzle you.
In the end, each experience will be as special as the person whom you share it with. This summer, live the Mexican Caribbean to the fullest and make your romantic spot out of this corner of the world.